Userpic

Phillly
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi Everyone,
Im planing a trip to Kopenhagen by Train. As I was looking for the cheapest way to get there, I found the possibility of the Interrail Ticket for Denmark. With this ticket it should be possible to get by train from the german border to Cobehagen. But I dont know, if I can use this ticket also for the Public Transport (Metro,m Bus,...) in Copenhagen as well.
I found the most Information:
https://rail.cc/de/interrail-in-daenemark
...but im not sure.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
595 comments

replied 1 year ago

Only in trains that are called S-train (S-tog)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

The companies which accept the pass in any country are listed at https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/railway-companies

In Copenhagen it is valid on S-Tog but not Metro or bus.

A one country pass for Denmark may not be worth having if you do not do a lot of travelling in Denmark (not just Copenhagen) and need to buy a ticket to the german border. Check price of tickets from german stations to Copenhagen at www.bahn.de The basic price in from Flensburg (border) to Copenhagen is 437 krone (about 59 Euros) and ticket scan be booked at www.dsb.dk

Userpic

Phillly
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi Arend7 and MisterSteve,
Thank you very much for the quick answer !
Have a nice Evening!

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
595 comments

replied 1 year ago

One tip about Danish trains (and some Swedish if I remember correctly) are inbetween doors that are reluctant to open. People are waving at those doors, but often there is a button to push above those doors.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Please note that you cannot buy (at both DB and DSB) tickets after the 16th June , because at 17th change the train-sets from the DSB IC2 to a DSB Vectron and DB IC1 Coaches and the Coaches have currently no license to ride through the Big Belt Tunnel , so the trainnumber change from around 390 to around 1190 . Because of that the tickets they sell until yet are very limited . So if you ride after this date , stay tuned ! Best regards !