Userpic

trainclaus
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello,

I want to take the train from Stockholm to Narvik (NT 94) beginning of this July. However it does not seem to run daily. According to the SJ Homepage there are no services departing Stockholm on July 3 and 4 (but there is one on July 5). Does anybody know why that is? Are these trains usually very full so that it is advisable to book the trip right now? Where do I find proper timetables?

Thank you very much for your help. Best regards - Claus

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
595 comments

replied 1 year ago

These trains are run by Vy (www.vy.no). They give a proper timetable starting 60 days before travel.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Yes , its always good to check out the website from the operator , but the VyNattåg 94 is operated by themself (!) , and for the next day they sell tickets , so there is no guarantee to start with the selling 60 days in advance , maybe they start few days/months earlier , and when you try to book it, all tickets are sold out . So stay tuned and try it frequently again . Best regards !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Here is the original notification from Vy

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

where on sj.se did it say there are no services. All I can see on that site is a ticket sales page which says Not Available meaning it has no ticekts to sell (either sold out or not released)

Swedish timetables without confusion over tickets are at https://reseplanerare.resrobot.se to set date and time click and change Dep Now

Userpic

trainclaus
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much, Arend7, argon and MisterSteve, for your quick answers. It is my first experience with the RailDude forum - and what a good one!
Yours Claus

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

First : Thank you for your positive feedback . Second : I think the smartest way is (when its possible) to take the train at the 5th , otherwise you can also the conntact the Support from SJ or Vy . Best regards !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

SJ : kundservice@sj.se
Vy : tog@vy.no