Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I will take the X2 523 from Stockholm C to Koebenhavn H at the 16th of July , SJ say "Not available , planning in progress" but the train after this is available , unfortunately i have to choose this train because my final destination is Dresden in Germany and all other connections reach Dresden at the next day , this is impossible. So anybody can tell me the reason why ? Thank you in advance !

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

the reason is what it says - they still donlt have a confirmed plan. The pop up message behind that says they aim to release tickets by the middle of the previous month, so they may not be available for another 6 weeks. But only if the train is confirmed!

there is a national website for line timetables and that has a message complaining that the track authority does not confirm schedules early enough for their site to be 100% accurate!!!

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Sorry for the late replie ! When i understand you right : Its not save that this train run . Since 3 weeks i try it every morning again to see if its bookable , because this train is a irreplaceable part of my connection , with is the only possible connection on this day . However , thank you for your effort !

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

Sweden has a complicated system and it's also possible that the schedule was confirmed months ago but data has not been input to the public systems.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

So its helpful to conntact the SJ Support ?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

Probably not, there are many trains with this note attached and if everyone who is worried calls them it will jam the phone lnines. And they probably know only what it says on their website - SJ do not control the network and have to wait for the track authority.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

It's horrible (and a bit funny) to see how unplanned SJ is , even the DB can better plan (!) . So i think the only option is to do the same as i do until yet , to try it frequently again , so thank you for your Support !

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

If you think this is bad you should never plan a trip to GB. Here NONE of the IC operators have confirmed timetables beyond 9th July and several, including the biggest, don't go beyond 11th June -and this is an improvement on how it was a few months ago.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

So fare as i know GB has many private operator and (Google has no accurate result for a national operator) no Nationale Train Company . Germany have (for long-distance trains ) only two operator DB and Flixtrain , and DB is the operator from the network AND the trains , so when DB say : We release our tickets 6-months in advance , it is so . In Sweden SJ is also a nationale operator , why they dont can do it this ?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 year ago

SJ is one operator amongst several in Sweden and does not own the tracks, they belong to and are planned by Trafikverket who are responsible for the work that is causing the disruption. https://bransch.trafikverket.se/en/startpage/projects/Railway-construction-projects/

Legally DB Netz is seperate from the business units that operate trains (all EU countries are supposed to have infrstructure seperate from train operators).

The big difference in GB is that train operators have an association which almost makes them one company, it's called Rail Delivery Group www.raildeliverygroup.com

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
595 comments

replied 1 year ago

This train looks no (sun)day available. The next 2 sundays is sold out and after that (may, june and july) al days says "not available".

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

I know that SJ and DB are not the Owner of the Tracks , i mean that both , DB and SJ are State-own also exactly like the tracks . So i think that makes (in theory) fewer complications . However , currently i search alternatives like i travel the day before to Copenhagen , Sleep a night there and from there i take the my scheduled connection backward to Germany from there i take the my scheduled connection backward to Germany but originally i like to stay long as possible in STK . SJ gives me no proper safety for my planning , so the swedish system is a bit confusion for me and defenitly not user-friendly . Best regards from cold Germany !

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
595 comments

replied 1 year ago

I think you should call them. These kind of information management deserves jammed telephone lines. If you spend the night in CPH I recommend hotel Wake-up Carsten Niebuhrs Gade (not Borges...). Nice view out of heights at the trains at the stations.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your recommendation , but its not my first time in CPH , i can recommend "Copenhagen Island" , its only 1 S-Tog Station (Dybbølsbro) away from CPH H , at front you have a view over the Side-tracks from the main-Station and at the other side you see the famous "Sydhavnen" (means Southern Habour) , which is one of the many waterstreets in CPH . Secondly i think i contact the SJ Support via Email , because i dont speak Swedish and i think that not all / or many peoples at a random Swedish-Call Center speak English .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

@Arend7 I dont like to travel next Sunday as i wrote i like to travel at the 16th of July and i know that on Weekdays and Saturdays there run two train before at 05:21 (X2 519) and 06:20 (X2 521) , but on Sunday it is the first train to CPH .

Userpic

zippygirl
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I had a similar problem for the reverse direction (Copenhagen-Stockholm) for August. Some trains were shown correctly, some had this "planning in progress" comment. I tried both Danish and Swedish rail websites and as far as I can see the Danish site is even worse than the Swedish. Since I am not in a hurry I chose one train on the Swedish site and booked my seat reservation for a train that was shown as available.
@argon I presume you want to use your interrail ticket only. Nonetheless I'd recommend to think about an alternative combination of transportation (bus, ferry ?) if it is really essential that you are back in Dresden before Monday morning. Bear in mind: even if you manage to get the train you want: due to the amnount of changes you are very likely to miss one of the following connections in case of a delay.
Good luck !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

No , i have`nt an Interrail-Ticket , my complete trip is not long enough that its smart to buy one . But even if i have one it was be very useless because when they not sell tickets they also sell no reservations . And i must be in Dresden at Monday because i have to work . There are no alternatives , ferrys run very limeted and buses are uncomfortable and takes 23 hours , trains only 13 hours AND i have a train-ticket from Copenhagen to Dresden so thats all no alternatives , but thank you for your advices ! ( In case of delay i have rights for refund from the ticket-price and in some cases for a hotel or a other method to reach my final destination , but thank you for your advices !

Userpic

zippygirl
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

To be on the safe side you should start travelling on Satjurday, July 15: either by train or by bus: Buses start 12:45 in Stockholm and arrive at 7:05 in Berlin. The trip Berlin - Dresden should be no problem. I use this website: rome2rio.com. It gives me a good overview about all possible ways to get from one point to another (including bus, train, flight, taxi, walking). I am a frequent traveller and the site is really precise and helpful.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Im also a frequently travel and i had these idea (with travelling one day earlier) , before you join this Forum-Question , gernerally my question was fully answerd . ( buses are very unconfortable , airplanes makes to much CO² and walking and taxis , im just say 1700 km .) So read all coments , but thank your lifetime you spend to wrote this comments . :)

Userpic

zippygirl
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

fine. Glad you are happy. "Walking" and "taxis" referred to the choice that rome2rio-site gives you besides trains and buses.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

That was a joke ! :)