Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hallo together, is there any experience to travel with bicycle in Swedish trains? All I red was, that this is very difficult. I want to return from Stockholm to Berlin after traveling to Stockholm by bicycle. The best would be the night train to Berlin. But I would also take the train from Stockholm to Trelleborg and then the Ferry to Sassnitz.
1.000 thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Is your Bike foldable (or something like this) or not ?

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

And when is the date you´re like to travel ?

Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hallo, unfortunately our bikes ar not foldable. I Think the journey is to long for foldables.

Userpic

Europabybike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 year ago

Our Journy back to Berlin should be on July 6. or 7. 2023

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
928 comments

replied 1 year ago

Bikes that do not fold (or are not disassembled) are not carried by main operator SJ (www.sj.se/en/travel-terms/luggage.html) or Snälltåget the private operator to Germany (www.snalltaget.se/en/faq)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Then i would take the Trelleborg-Rostock Night Ferry and not the Trelleborg-Sassnitz Ferry because Sassnitz is a very small town with no good train connections , Rostock is simply better , unfortunately the direct IC didnt run but you can use IC 2175 until Berlin from there runs the EC 379 to Praha via Dresden . For the IC , EC and Ferry are Bicycle-Parking-Spaces available , the promleme is the Swedish part from STK to MLÖ . Skanetrafiken between MLÖ and TRB are problematic because gernerally they carry bicycles but you have no guarantee when there are Wheelchairs etc. . So for the STK - MLÖ part i would use Flixbus , they carry bicycles very limeted and no E-Bikes . So here is the complete Connection i would take (form 7 to 8 of July ) : 09:55 from Stockholm with Flixbus , arrival in Malmö 18:40 from there you take R1779 (Skanetrafiken) dep. 19:20 from MLÖ C arrival in Trelleborg 19:52 -> TT-Line to Rostock dep. 23:30 , arrival in Rostock Überseehafen 06:00 then you take Bus 49 dep. 06:47 until Lüttenklein and from there the S-Bahn to RST-Hbf -> IC 2175 dep. 08:21 to Berlin (arr. 10:23) -> EC 379 dep. 11:01 , you final reach Dresden at 13:07 at the main Station . Where i can book it and how much cost it ? (2 Adults with 2 Bikes) : Flixbus : Flixbus.de for 79,98€(only 3 seats left) , Skanetrafiken ( Bike carrying for free ) : sj.se/en/kop-resa for 126SEK , Ferry : tt-line.com for 116,00€ , Bus-Tickets and Bike-Tickets are available in the Bus for VVW-Conditions (they are also valid for S-Bahn ) , RST-Hbf to Dresden via Berlin : bahn.de for 79,80€ (Super Saver) . I hope i can help you ! Best regards !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 year ago

Costs at all : 298 € . Travel Time : 07th 09:55 to 08th 13:07 = 27h 12min