Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

Posted 10 months ago

How can I journey from Copenhagen to Flensbrug? Which pass would be suitable for my travel?
I have planned to spend 3 days in Copenhagen before moving on to Flensbrug, Hamburg, Bremen, Hanover, and finally Frankfurt, where I will stay for 9 days in Germany.

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 10 months ago

Do you live Germany ?

Userpic

TrainTravellerSommer
Traveller
11 comments

replied 10 months ago

The easiest way to get there is with changing in Frederica. You can book it via bahn.de, with bahn card it may be cheaper.
Hope I Could help a little bit:)

Userpic

TrainTravellerSommer
Traveller
11 comments

replied 10 months ago

The easiest way to get there is with changing in Frederica. You can book it via bahn.de, with bahn card it may be cheaper.
Hope I Could help a little bit:)

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thank you for all of your answers. Just to clarify,I don't live in Germany.I am traveling from Thailand.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
928 comments

replied 10 months ago

This really depends on how many people are travelling together, and whether there will be an overnight stay in each city mentioned. For 1 -5 people from Flensburg to Hamburg (and central Hamburg local transport for the rest of the day) a Schleswig Holstein Ticket could be best. €29 for one person travelling alone, or add €5 for the next 1-4 people in the group (so €49 for 5 people).

Hamburg, Bremen and Hanover are all covered by the Niedersachsen Ticket (€25 for 1 person rising to €46 for 5) but if only travelling one section in one day it might be cheaper to but simple tickets.

Hanover-Frankfurt : work out an itinery and buy ticket weeks in advance from www.bahn.com

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 10 months ago

Sawasdee khrap lae choke dee duay.
Is there any specific reason to stay in Fl-bg? Ie been there a few times and most people would head onward to hamburg directly.
Npte that is SUMMer and if you also do more trips-also metro/bus etc in Danmark, they do a 7/8-day quite cheap weekly ticket for about 55€-check dsb.dk-also thebest to buy a ticket if only that wanted

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 10 months ago

Dependent on the time you book , its maybe cheaper to book all tickets seperate .

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

"I have decided to take a train from Copenhagen to Flensburg, with a stopover in the city of Kolding to explore before continuing. However, I'm wondering if it's necessary to book train tickets in advance to get a cheaper price."

"For travel in Germany, I'm considering using the German Pass. I would like to know if it is valid for ICE and IC trains."

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 9 months ago

Yes , sure it is valid in IC , ICE and EC trains . Its not necesarry to book in advance , but its smart , because some tickets cost 17,90€ when you book in advance (max. 6 months) , and then 160€ if you book few day before . Btw. this IC is often overcrowed so i recommend to make a reservation .

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 9 months ago

This is like at plane , but every country decied this for its own , most countrys in Europe have this , Poland for example not .

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 9 months ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 7 months ago

"I've decided to purchase a ticket from Copenhagen to Flensburg, with a connection on ICL31 to IC383. I'm somewhat concerned that if the ICL31 train from Copenhagen arrives late at Fredericia station, I might miss my connection to IC383. Can I catch the next train to Flensburg in that case?"

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 7 months ago

This is a difficult question because on border-crossing trains from DK to DE , reservations are mandatory , i think most conductors will be allow you to take another train , but its not guaranteed . So either i would recommend to cancel the ticket and book a new for the route Koebenhaven to Schleswig and from there with a RE to Flenburg ( its a small detour but its saver) or buy a addotional reservation (for the IC 5755) in advance on dsb.dk/en for 30 DKK . But i also saw this connection few times , but this short transfer time sounded suspect to me , so i not booked it . Afterwards i saw that i would had missed the IC !

Userpic

ModVil
Traveller
10 comments

replied 7 months ago

Thank you so much