Userpic

Berttar
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 10 months ago

How do I do seat reservations when I want travel from München to Warsaw?

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 10 months ago

Do you have an Interrail Pass or do you like buy a ticket ? Gernerally in Germany reservations can book on bahn.com , in trains in Poland are seat reservations compulsory and can only book together with a ticket . The shortes route is with ICE from München to Berlin and then the EC "Berlin-Warszawa Express" . In Germany second class reservations cost 4,90€ .

Userpic

Berttar
Traveller
1 comments

replied 10 months ago

Thank you. I do have interrail pass. I was wondering can I book seats for Berlin-warszawa Express in advance?

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 10 months ago

You can try the Interrail-Reservation Service or you can go to the counter .

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 9 months ago

Note that these BWE=Ber-Waw express trains can, due to their mandatory REServ, only be done in person at a DB-counter-do not fear for trains booked full monthes ahead-thats pure nonsense, in fact most likely that train is not even open for booking then.
Its quite a long trip-some 12 hrs, so you may consider going overnight- f,.e, on 1 travelday on a pass you can go to Praha or Wien, then use the overnight train from there (seat or sleeper)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 9 months ago

Firstly : Counter means Stuffed Counter not Vending maschine . Secondly : Via Berlin take 11h . Thirdly : Yes , there are problems with booking that , but only if you try to book more than one month in advance , i think this is because normally is the time when Selling starts one month in advance (from PKP) , but DB suggested it is 3 months .