Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Hi, yesterday I booked the train ticket from rail.cc, but after paying my ticket wasn’t downloaded and they didn’t send it by gmail, can you help me where and how I can find my ticket if I don’t know the booking number or how I can get my money back, thanks in advance for your advice

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 month ago

First point, have you checked the spam filter on you Gmail account?

Second, was it really rail.cc ? It say the home page "railcc is NOT a ticket booking engine. We are an independent project of some friends. We explain you train travel routes. Where and how to buy the best train tickets and rail passes." The options listed after asking for a route are links to real sellers. So which did you click?

And third, have you checked that your money was taken and the transaction didn't simply fail?

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

Yes
Unfortunately I did not the information that they do not sell the tickets but I found the button “Buy here” and then I filled all personal data to pay for it, at it was charged from my account
The picture was attached
Thanks for your answer

Attachment Image
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 month ago

Like it says, the official shop of German railways (Deutsche Bahn) www.bahn.de

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 month ago

Did you entered the right eMail ? Or do you have at least your Ticket No. ? If the Booking failed the money will be refunded . If you entered a wrong eMail address the only way is to write an eMail to the DB Ticketservice.

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

I hope so, but they didn’t send me a ticket No, I already contacted to the DB and I am waiting they contact me back
Thanks for your help

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 month ago

Ahh okay , i never tried the rail.cc-Version , but on the "official" website , after you payed you get the Ticket No. and a Link to download a PDF (beside the eMail) .

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks anyways but in my case it’s different. The page was downloading and crashed.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 month ago

Ahh , bad internet ? Thats bad :(

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 1 month ago

This is NOT the ´official´ DB site-I have used that so many times. UNless it really has changed the last week.
I somewhat suspect you are-like a few 1000 others-now also a victim of criminals looking for free money from others.
Again: always, always use that google and find the OFFICIAL site of the railway with the official name.

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

I guess, you are right, because after paying that site didn’t show me the ticket and started to download
Now I am afraid to buy another ticket
Is it possible to buy the ticket in cashier an one hour before train?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 month ago

I checked that a couple of months ago - it IS an official DB site but an amended version for embedding in other sites. My own thought was that when the full official site was altered a while back something was missed on this version, although given the chaos at that time it could have left this version selling tickets at lower prices. You can see what is going on quite simply. Start an enquiry and press Search. It will give a list of suitable trains. At the top there is a "Back to Search" link, right click that and select "Open in New Tab" (or whatever you browser calls it). When you do that the new tab is not on rail.cc but at https://m.bahnbuchung.de which is a DB domain. If you Google "m.bahnbuchung.de" you get a few DB links but some no longer work, which makes me think even more that this version was lost when the full version was updated. If you use either the rail.cc or new tab version it gives Imprint details at the bottom if you want to check with them.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 month ago

Yes you can buy at the counter or at an ticket maschine , i recommend to book tickets as far in advance as possible ! Just buy at the offical Website int.bahn.de/en .

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks for help
I’ll buy there

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

Guys I would like to thanked you and share the dnd of my story, I managed to get refund, and then I bought another ticket from int.bahn and the price was a bit higher, I guess you were right that link from DB, but does not work anymore

Userpic

argon
Traveller
360 comments

replied 1 month ago

As i sad prices get more and more expensive as later you book ! Its nice that you appreciate our work here :) . Best regards argon

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
929 comments

replied 1 month ago

for DB to respond so quickly suggest they knew what the problem was! I have found other versions of the bahnbuchung site, both exactly the same as that through rail..cc but in different colours, red for BILD newspaper (if you can call it a newspaper) and a blue version for a travel agent chain, neither seem to have links on the host website anymore.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 1 month ago

Hi.
Just a note... the version you see on rail.cc is provided by Deutsche Bahn. It is just in a different colour. I work with DBahn on several projects.
Anyway... if you have problems, it is not fake or anything. You can always ask Deutsche Bahn about their support and get the help you get wherever you book with Deutsche Bahn. There are a lot of different websites that implement the Deutsche Bahn booking engine in different ways. Via API (Trainline, Omio, ...), via white label, etc.
If you have any further questions, please let me know. You can contact DB Support at:
https://int.bahn.de/en/contact
Peter :)

Userpic

Solomia
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks for your support. I contacted them and managed to get back my refund.