Userpic

DorisGreimel
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can`t find a day connection between Trondheim and Oslo on the July 3rd.Is there a way to get any DayTrain on this day?Were can I book if it`s possible?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

The service is a mess due to a collapsed bridge. The timetable with alternative bus shuttles around the damage plus ONE train per day via a different route runs until the end of May, the operator Nord https://www.sj.no/en/train-schedules/ says the bridge is expected to reopen in May or June - which probably means they are not going to publish a corrected timetable until they know the date.

Userpic

DorisGreimel
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

Thx for your answer.What puzzles me is the timetable which offers several bus+train connections on July 4 th during the day.On the 3 rd it offers only two night connections.Do you know a mail address for asking officials?

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

Try email tog@vy.no for Customer Service. Phone +47 61 05 19 10 Also on vy.no (/en, if wanted in English) click on the icon in the bottom right hand corner for on line chat but only at certain times. I have found both chat and email very good, but have not tried to phone.
On their website it mentions a lot of planned works, but does not mention 3rd. July. It does however mention current works Favang - Rinngebu until 02.06.24 so it seems as though that is the expected reopening date.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

Vy don't run the affected trains, which is why I gave a link to Nord........

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
592 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

You can use Vy for timetables after 60 days before travel. In your case around may 3th.

Userpic

DorisGreimel
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

Txk for your help.

Userpic

DorisGreimel
Traveller
3 comments

replied 3 weeks ago

Arend7 you are a great help.

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
15 comments

replied 1 week ago

Good news! According to the International Railway Journal the line between Oslo and Trondheim will fully reopen from May 21st. 2024 for daytime trains and May 22nd. for the night time ones. Doris, if you read this, I have had a look at vy.no and there several trains on July 3rd. complete with fares, I haven't seen anything on the SJ Norge site yet though.