Userpic

pajas
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 week ago

Hello

We will be travelling from Barcelona to Malaga end of september. I successfully booked reasonably priced tickets at renfe.es.
On the confirmation I got is written, that "Este documento es informativo y en ningĂșn caso constituye un tĂ­tulo de transporte.". So we will somehow need to get the official ticket - but how? I have no option in my Renfe account neither in the app. And is it correct that no seats have reserved so far? Do we have to do this separately (on spot?).
I am working for a Swiss Railway company and am used to buy tickets for other countries, but what Renfe is doing, irritates a lot... Maybe someone can help?
thanks, Yves

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1343 comments

replied 1 week ago

Bonjour/Gruezemitenand. INteresting- RENFE generally is not that long beforehand able to even sell tickets. What exactly did you get? As I myself-even holding a In-Rail pass for now (and aim to visit CH/SBB next week with it) did a booking-for just a few days ahead- for an IC-train in ES on RENFE:
I got a code (letters/figures) and could get the actual-and needed- ticket/billette with that code from a machine in the estacion. I think (but not 100% sure) that only then the actual car/seatnr was revealed. Tickets from/to all major towns also include a free ride on RENFE (and no other!) Cercanias (=about S-bahn) on either side-so you could even reach Torremolinos or Fuengirola from Mlg on that. Or did you perhaps got a FIP/railway-workers special ticket? In that case it may all be different-but your staff office could givo info.
Be aware that this forum is not that good as it once was-years ago and still though of by mr google-go to community.eurail.com, where a fellow country/railwayman is very active (thibcabe), it also deals with pax on In-Rail passes, or sometimes the rail section of the general touristy forum tripadvisor. seta61.com, a very informative british webiste, also has loads of info and practical tips on how to to bookings on all majore rail systems.

Userpic

pajas
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 week ago

Hi nltrainer. Thanks for your reply, appreciate it! I only got a confirmation saying "Confirmacion de venta Renfe" with a 6-digit letter code. Of course everything in spanish :-) there is a link to venta.renfe.es (general) which I'm supposed to print tickets... but as I said, this link goes to nowhere...
Okay, let me check the eurail forum as well as seat61.com - thanks. Maybe someone else has another idea. I just don't want to end in Barcelona without any tickets and reservations :)